Friday, July 12, 2019

The Reasons I Garden

Growing a garden soothes my soul.  As I was walking in it this morning, gathering the flowers for this bouquet, I was thinking about the reasons I weed, water, and tend to my plants.  After I got the floral arrangement made with its whimsical fanciful shape, I knew... this is one of the reasons I go to the trouble.  There are just three plants used here and placed into an heirloom pitcher that my grandmother gave me... it is a pitcher and bowl set.  I used Tiger lilies, burgundy basil, and Baptisia for the greens.  I gathered them in a bouquet type bunch, put a rubber band around the bottom and placed in the pitcher full of water.  I have just set my table for dinner tonight and this makes the perfect centerpiece.  Summertime to me!!




No comments:

Post a Comment